The following accomplishments were part of the original Envision Decatur Plan.
- The DDRA was established and Rick Paler was hired as the organization's executive director.
- Negotiations have been completed and still continue for purchase agreements and land banking key properties.
- Decatur's Park & Recreation Department began supplementing ALDOT's maintenance responsibilities along the northeast causeway in an effort to improve causeway and the North Gateway into Decatur.
- A wayfinding signage system was designed by McWhorter Communications, fabricated by J&M Signs, and installed by Decatur Parks & Recreation in January 2009.
- The Envision Decatur Plan called for the acquisition of land and razing of warehouse buildings for the development of Decatur Downtown Commons. In 2012, seven acres were donated to the City of Decatur to serve as a catalyst for the Decatur Downtown Commons Development.
- To address the Fire Protection Infrastructure issue outlined in the Envision Decatur Plan, DDRA worked with the Decatur Fire Marshall and Decatur Utilities to begin the first phase of fire protection infrastructure along upper Bank Street.
- Downtown redevelopment projects have been going on since the Envision Decatur Plan was released in 2004. More recently, the efforts of the Decatur Downtown Redevelopment Authority have been guided by the 2010-2014 Strategic Plan, which focuses on key areas from the Envision Decatur Plan that are vital to the success of redevelopment of downtown Decatur